Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Self-conscious

I have people ask me how I am doing wayyyy more often than they used to. I appreciate that. It does make me feel like they care. It is just a tough question to answer...that is true for a lot of people.

Multiple sclerosis is a tricky disease. One day can be very different than another, and one person's disease can be vastly different than another. I read a story one day about a group of people with MS who are literally climbing mountains. And then I remember the friend in my MS support group who is a few years older than me and can't walk anymore. So unpredictable.

I found this blog entry the other day, and it really explains some of the day-to-day feelings of having MS. Not just the physical feelings of exhaustion and pain, but the psychological feelings. It is a war between living in the moment and planning for an uncertain future. Worry versus letting go. Being aware of my body to prevent injury versus knowing not every pain is due to MS.

So if you want to know what goes on in my mind - read on!

And thank you for caring. :-)

No comments: