Thursday, April 11, 2013

Top Ten Things Going on Right Now

I'm the worst blogger EVER. I am feeling challenged to keep this up a little better, so this seems like a good way to get back in the game.

So here are the top 10 things going on in the Harlan house...

10. We got a guinea pig! He is adorable and his name is Ollie. Wanna watch him play? My adorable techie husband set up a live webcam.

9. Client follow-ups. I have so many Creighton Model FertilityCare clients! I am swamped! Don't know what I'm talking about? You better go to my website, mi amigos. 

8. Diocesan work. I write articles and design ads for the Office of Family Life. Have a good idea for an article about building a culture of life or the Catholic Church's teachings on married love? Share it with me. Don't leave me hangin', peeps.

7. Kindergarten continues. Bridget is learning to read so much more everyday. She says she hates math, much to the dismay of her Uncle Scott who is a math teacher. :-) She has also developed a devotion to St. Francis of Assisi. LOVE THAT.

6. I should start a cooking show...Cookin' with Crazy. It will star me, my darling husband, and all the poor souls I enlist to help me as I cook for all the big dinners at St. Isidore's. We are a barrel of fun in that kitchen, let me tell you. The last big dinner of the year was this past Wednesday, so I'm breathing a sigh of relief.

5. Annual MRI to check for more MS lesions on my brain...was good! No additional lesions, all was stable. So my brain isn't melting like a science fiction novel. Cool.

4. We have all developed a strange love for the show Duck Dynasty. This world definitely needs a little more laughter, amIright?

3. Bridget and Gabriel. My bestie, Mandi, has a son Gabriel who is in Bridget's class (God is so smart, isn't He?!). Bridget and Gabe have been forced to spend craaaazy amounts of time together for their entire lives, and they occasional drive each other nuts, but now they are like peas and carrots. They want to play nearly everyday and I love getting to chill with Mandi even more.

2. Women's basketball games. We went to nearly every single one with Bill's parents. Bridget really loved them. I do, too. Sadly, the season ended in the WNIT semi-finals, but it was a ton of fun.

1. Busy, busy, busy! Bill said today that he is thinking of going with me to a meeting in Salina on Saturday because he just wants to spend the time with me...things have just been going a mile a minute. Before we know it, summer will be here and FFA convention and birthdays!

So that was a lame number 1, but I ran out of stuff. Cut me some slack. 

1 comment:

Sandy said...

yay! such a fun surprise to see a blog update this morning! a great start to my Friday!!